December 2020 Safety Topic Key Notes
On average Distracted Driving leads to four thousand deaths and four hundred thousand injuries each year. Most of these deaths and injuries could have been avoided.
Common distractions include:
- Interacting with a passenger
- Talking on a cellphone
- Holding an object such as a cell phone, pet or food and drink
- Talking, singing, dancing
- Adjusting the radio or climate control
- Driving tired or drowsy
Some ways in which distracted driving can be prevented include:
- Eat before you travel
- Let passengers help you
- Pull over to attended to children
- Pull over to use your cell phone
- Do not drive when you are tired or drowsy
Keep in mind that distracted driving is considered a criminal office in the state of Colorado.